Friday, April 15, 2011

Be still

I am frequently reading devotions, books, articles, etc. and will often be inspired by the stories of lessons learned in the everyday events of life.  One day I remember thinking "I wish I could have a story like that."  You know when you have a pity party for yourself when everyone else seems to have inspired wisdom from a flower and all you can think is "what color was that?"  Or half the time I'm running around so fast, I couldn't even remember seeing a flower.  That's when a still, small voice said, "If you would slow down enough to listen, you might learn all sorts of things."  Hmmm.  There's a thought.  I see nature coming to life all around me, since it's spring now, and have activities seemingly every minute, but I don't always take the time to savor them, enjoy them and learn from them.  I run around like the proverbial chicken with her head cut off, frantically trying to scratch one more thing off of my list, and then get upset that I don't have some life-altering revelation over a bumblebee.  Go figure.  I certainly have a long way to go, but I have tried to listen a little more and marveled at the incredible rainbow the other day.  It really was beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. Remember your antique balance. You were given a word from the Lord when you stopped and had a quiet time in your living room. You stopped and listened...listened to a from the Lord. He is your story, He is your "flower and bumblebee", He is your story, He is your promise...it was His rainbow that you saw beauty! Be still and know He is God!

    ReplyDelete