Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A Monday

I realize this is Wednesday, but wanted to write about Monday.  You know when you go to bed with all the expectation of starting the week off right, but wake up the next morning with the alarm chasing away all the positive energy you might have had?  Of course, God has been impressing on my with all the subtlety of a 2x4 that I need to watch what I say and be thankful.  I need to keep my words positive and have an attitude of gratitude.  So of course, Monday morning arrives with its usual cheeriness, exhaustion from a busy weekend, cranky kids, coffee maker just not fast enough and my Bible Study on James and a fiery tongue taunting me.  As if that wasn't enough, I barely had enough time to get a short work out in at the gym before going to work since everything took longer than expected and the snooze button was on repeat mode (hmm, wonder how that happened?!).  I arrive at the gym, put my bag in the locker room and see an aquaintance.  I giggle as I remember the stories she has told of people forgeting their undergarments and inconvenience and discomfort it creates.  Then that niggle in my head went off, followed by a sick feeling of dread in my stomach.  Yep, you guessed it!  For all my trying to plan ahead and pack my bag the night before, complete with 2 tops to choose from and jewelry, I forgot my underwear.  Fortunately, rather than my head spinning off its axis and spitting pea soup all over the locker room, I managed to laugh (more now than then) and calmly walk back out of the gym to go home.  I had just enough time to take a shower and get fully dressed before rushing off to work.  All this and it was only 9:30 in the morning.
I can now say (on Wednesday), "thank you God" for holding me together, cause this cracked pot was about to fall to pieces by Monday evening.  And thank you that I have another funny story to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment