Monday, September 13, 2010

Stepping out

Despite being a long time dream of mine, which I have shared with a few people, this is a big step out of my comfort zone.  There are so many resources out there about motherhood, personal development, time management, child pyschology, organizing, etc., etc., etc.,  (I have several of them in my home and in my car scattered about) that I have often thought I couldn't possibly offer anything really "new and exciting".  However, I also know that sometimes the same information I have heard before, from a different source at a different time can have a profound impact.  My hope and prayer is that in sharing some of my thoughts and stories, I can somehow encourage someone else or atleast offer some humor.

I have often said, I wanted to write a book one day and it was going to be called "Help!  I'm Super Mom and I'm Tangled up in my Cape!", since that is frequently how I feel.  Probably from most people's view, I am one of those moms that usually appears to "have it all together".  What they don't see though is that I'm often so tangled up with life that I couldn't fall apart if I wanted to!  We modern moms are somehow expected to do it all and definitely look good while doing it.  It's difficult to step out of the mold, but I'm trying to be who God created me to be, pursue my passions and enjoy MY journey through this thing called life.

I would love to challenge other women to step out of their comfort zone, discover their unique gifts and pursue their passion.  Take a step toward your dream, even if it is a baby step.  You never know what may happen, those little buggers are persistent and lightning fast when you aren't looking!!

1 comment:

  1. Very nice. It is hard to step out but it can be very rewarding.

    ReplyDelete